Monday 4 June 2018

Return of Confidence Summer 2018

Well thank goodness the meds have kicked in and Ron is almost back to where he was before the anxiety attacks started.  Also the summer has started to show itself and Ron is able to get outside which always helps with mood.   We attended and enjoyed both our outings in April - Bath with Area 33 and Wales with RREC.   We had a bit of a nightmare journey to Wales in our shadow caused by a faulty tyre, when we arrived the metal was all splayed out but someone kindly changed the tyre and then no further problems.  The best part of these outings is not the places we go or the things we see but the lovely company we enjoy with friends.

We seem to have had a lot of sad news recently of good friends passing away.  I suppose it is one of the results of reaching "old age", Ron has just had his 80th and I am 76.   Sadly our lovely daughter-in-law Michelle lost her mum in April.   We are determined to make the most of every day as we have during all our married life and thank goodness we did - such lovely memories.

Our next weekend away is in August and then Turkey and Tinsel in November - Yorkshire this year.   We have lots of days out marked in the diary, mostly on  Sundays.   I have several days out when I will leave Ron at home alone.   I leave his lunch and a couple of flasks and he manages quite well.

We still have the physio come every 3 or 4 weeks.   Not sure how much longer we will do this as the main thing she does is restore Ron's enthusiasm especially if she is able to witness something new he has worked on during her absence.  There has been quite a lot of improvement in the left hand, he is beginning to be able to grip.   It is 3 1/2 years now and he is still able to improve - amazing.

I wish I was able to say the same about my own physical fitness, compared to when this all started when I was very fit and active for my age, I am now very unfit, my garden looks like a jungle and after a half hour's gardening I am exhausted.   I think about having some personal training but I find it difficult to commit to a time as I am always busy just doing the necessary things.To cap it all on Saturday I fell over and I have bruised my ribs.

I have run out of things to say and I am off to watch the end of Homes Under the Hammer.

3 Comments:

At 26 August 2019 at 15:38 , Blogger JanF said...

Pam, I started to read your blog. I am interested. What happened to your husband and how is he progressing. My husband is 78 ( 79 in Oct) and I am 74. He has been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and so our lives are also dramatically changed.
If you have an e mail address for general use maybe you can answer me.

 
At 28 September 2019 at 01:15 , Blogger Dc said...

We say the same. We have lived here for nearly 33 years and everyone one who was middle aged when we arrived has now gone. I think things strike home a bit more when it is people similar in age to ourselves.

 
At 3 January 2020 at 01:44 , Blogger Pam Monks said...

JanF. I am sorry I have not replied to you comment. Since there seemed little to report I have not written anything or checked for comments. Ron had a stroke which left him paralysed on his left side November 2019 made 5 years. There are lots of ups and downs but he has made great strides forward.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home