Tuesday 5 July 2016

July update

I have just read through my last post and I note that the weather was pretty dismal then.  The rest of June was much the same lots of rain and just enough sun to make the weeds grow like crazy.   However the marigolds are thriving and the begonias are coming into flower.  I don't get as much time in the garden as I would like but I am just about keeping on top of it.

The Cloud is still away at the painters but the Mark Ten has passed the MOT after having a little welding done on the floor panel.

We had some trouble getting it running properly , turns out that something had come loose in one of the carburretors (spelling?)  We paid someone to sort it but Ron was not happy with the set up so he managed to re-set them with just a little help from Graham under instruction.   We took it out on Sunday to Maldon Motor  Show where we joined Area 33 on the JDC stand.   The weather was very good and we had a nice time.     The car ran well although I think Ron thinks it is smoking so no doubt more fettling will be required.  

Unfortunately while the car was away being welded a small amount of damage has been done to the rear off-side wheel arch.   So another visit to the paint shop.

We have not had many outings during June with the cars.   I have had a few outings myself with my U3A club and on 22nd I went to Southend for the day with the bus pass group.   Ron and I joined John and Jill and  Barbara and Tony to have lunch at the Bluebell Inn in Hempstead.   The lunch was nice but the pub was a bit chaotic as it was so busy.   We went to Graham and Erica's for a barbecue for Fathers Day and Elliot was there so that was nice.

I am going to Green Island Garden near Colchester tomorrow and then on Saturday we have an early start as Anita (my niece) is getting married in Leighton Buzzard at 11.30.  We are staying overnight after the reception at a Weatherspoons in the town so that will be an experience I am sure.

Ron has not made any significant improvement his hand movement is still an occasional movement of his forefinger and sometimes a little flexing of the thumb.
We are working on strengthening his leg muscles so that he can walk further without his legs aching.
Ron has been driving whenever we have had to take the other cars to painters, garage etc but he says he does not enjoy it and has no interest in driving.   He gets quite depressed and frustrated when there is anything to be done on the cars and he cannot do it.   He talks on and off of getting rid of the cars but I don't think he is ready for that yet as he still hopes to get much better.   Of course, finances may dictate what happens.  We have always said that it Ron could not maintain the cars, we would not be able to afford them and we are certainly using up the savings lately.

That's about it - my tummy tells me it is lunch time

XXX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home