Thursday 25 December 2014

25.12.14

Yes Christmas Day is here at last and here I am 9.30 all washed and dressed, fire cleaned out, bedroom hoovered and now all I have to do is paint my nails and put on my dress but I am too early!!

Had a short night last night I went to bed at 10.30 because I was dropping off in the chair but then awake at 4.40 tried to settle down but gave up at 5.30.  I never have any trouble sleeping but it seems the gremlins have got me,

Distressing day yesterday as I eventually had a call from the social worker who clarified that we do not get any financial help with the care package as Ron has more than £30,000 in savings so the initial package (2 people 4 times a day) they are suggesting is going to cost us around £364.00 per week.  Gulp! but he told me that he was planning for Ron to come home on 29th so that was good news.  I told Ron what had happened when I got to the hospital and he said that was a long time away but I comforted him with the thought that it was only two days in hospital after the holiday and then he would be home the next day.   When I returned home after afternoon visiting there was a message on the answerphone to ring the social worker and of course he had left when I phoned.  I can guess what he was going to say!!!!  When I went back to the hospital in the evening I went to the desk and asked if they knew anything and the staff nurse I spoke to said she thought it highly unlikely that he would be leaving until sometime in 2015 and that they had not booked any transport.  I tell myself again and again not to take any dates as correct until there is confirmation but it seems I don't listen to my wise advice.

I am looking forward to spending Christmas Day with Ron's Family at Graham and Erica's, especially as Ron will be with us I really miss him.  My neighbours' cars are all missing so I guess they are away and I had such a lonely feeling this morning when I emptied the ashes.  I am reminding myself that there are such a lot of people who are lonely every day and I am so lucky that Ron will be home soon and I have a super family and lots of friends.

Ron has been to the gym every day this week so that is the upside of being in hospital - he just seems to practice sitting and standing and transferring but it certainly tires him out.

I will write again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home